Visitors to Kauaʻi who stay in “resort bubble” hotels (Enhanced Movement Quarantine properties) and receive a negative pre-travel test, as well as a post-travel test three days after arrival will be released from the mandatory 10-day traveler quarantine. Those opting to say in non-EMQ hotels or at vacation rental homes, will still be required to complete the full 10-day traveler quarantine without a post-travel testing opportunity and cannot leave their rooms.
For those staying at an EMQ hotel with a negative COVID-19 test, you can enjoy resort amenities and visit the pool for the first three days of your vacation until you take a post-travel test. Once that shows you are COVID-free, you can leave the property and explore the island. IMI Tours offers intimate Kauai tours with smaller vehicles to ensure your safety is maintained at all times.
To qualify, travelers must:
- Take a pre-travel test within 72 hours before traveling to Kauaʻi and receive a negative test result.
- Stay at an approved EMQ “resort bubble” property on Kauaʻi :
- The Cliffs at Princeville
- Hilton Garden Inn Kauaʻi Wailua Bay
- Ko‘a Kea Hotel & Resort at Poʻipū
- The Club at Kukui‘ula
- Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences at Hōkūala
- Kauaʻi Marriott
- Take a post-travel test more than 72 hours after arriving on Kauaʻi and receive a negative result.