Called the “the Garden Isle” for a reason, Kauai is a favorite destination for anyone looking to get away from tourists, see lush vegetation, and experience some of best and most secluded beaches in Hawaii. Kauai offers guests an authentic Hawaiian experience, Whether you’re exploring Kauai or relaxing on the beach, you’ll want to start with the right hotel for all of your travel needs.
Kauai is only 25 miles long and 33 miles wide and can includes four major areas: South Shore, North Shore, East Coast, and West Side. While the majority of the most popular hotels are in Lihue and Princeville, there are plenty of great places to stay throughout Kauai. Choose from boutique hotels or luxury resorts. And for Kauai Tours, IMI offers transportation from hotels to popular locations like Waimea Canyon.
When picking a hotel in Kauai, you’ll need to consider a few things like pricing, amenities, and location. Our Kauai Hotel guide helps breaks down the best hotels for families, couples, and by budget.
Best Family Friendly Hotels
- Kaua’i Marriott Resort – 3610 Rice St, Lihue, HI 96766
- Marriott’s Kauai Lagoons – Kalanipu’u – 3325 Holokawelu Way, Lihue, HI 96766
- Plantation Hale Suites – 525 Aleka Loop, Kapaʻa, HI 96746
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas – 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 9672
- Whalers Cove Oceanfront Resort – 2640 Puuholo Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
Most Romantic Hotels on Kauai
- Hanalei Colony Resort – 5 7130 Kuhio Hwy, Hanalei, HI 96714
- Kauai Beach Resort – 4331 Kauai Beach Dr, Lihue, HI 96766
- Kiahuna Plantation & Beach Bungalows Koloa – B, 2253 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
- Sheraton Kauai Resort – 2440 Hoonani Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
- Waimea Plantation Cottages – 9400 Kaumualii Hwy, Waimea, HI 96796
Best High-End Resorts
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa – 1571 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
- Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort – 2251 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu – 2641 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
- Marriott’s Kaua’i Beach Club – 3610 Rice St, Lihue, HI 96766
- The Princeville Resort – 5520 Ka Haku Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
Best Budget-Friendly Places to Stay
- Garden Island Inn – 3445 Wilcox Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
- The Kauai Inn – 2430 Hulemalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
- Kauai Palms Hotel – 2931 Kalena St, Lihue, HI 96766
- Kauai Shores Hotel – 420 Papaloa Rd, Kapaʻa, HI 96746
- Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort – 650 Aleka Loop, Kapaʻa, HI 96746
Reserve hotel transportation to Lihue and Princeville with Kauai hotel shuttles. Shuttle are available with SpeediShuttle, or book a luxury car service with Arthur’s Limousine.